Wednesday 28 July 2010

Re-Evaluation.

So as an update to my previous concerns, it just so happens that I haven't been doing the jelq properly. It's all about quality, not quantity and according to some I'm pretty lucky not to have done myself an injury. This is pretty annoying as it feels that I've lost nearly a month worth of exercise time.  There's been some changes, but I imagine that's mostly from the stretching exercises and not the jelqs.

The solitary fitness book I'm basing my routine off, although a good starting point, might be a little hardcore. As Bronson (the author) said, and I paraphrase, 'He's a bit of a nutter' so it makes sense that the routines he describes are intense.

So, I enlisted some help from the PE Gym forums and someone was kind enough to confirm my worst fears. I'm not doing it properly.  They suggested that I take up what's known as the JP-90 routine, which is designed to get people with no experience to a good level of conditioning within three months. I plan to rest a little, the pick up a fresh with the JP-90 routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment