Tuesday 13 July 2010

Day 18

Supplements:
  • Vitamin C tablet, 1000mg.

Exercises:
  • 5 minutes of jelq
I've been doing a little more research and I believe that my technique is a little wrong with the old jelq. I mean, in theory what I need is to be able to feel the pressure build. Like most stretching exercises with any muscle group, the closer you get to your limit the more uncomfortable it becomes. The trick is to ride that wave, so that it remains uncomfortable over a period of time, but your range of motion improves.  

Of course push it too far and you'll experience a twang. That's not something I want, so I've raised the intensity and lowered the period of time I do the exercise for.

I haven't done any measurements myself and won't until day thirty or so of training, but I'm fair convinced this does work. It's just very time consuming.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I wanted to tell you that your blog is awesome. I just read every entry and it's great. So nice to find a blog on the subject that isn't trying to sell me something! Anyway the reason I found your blog is I've been considering jelqing too, and after reading your blog I'm going to continue (I actually started in the shower this morning, doing just 50 strokes. ANYWAY that visualizer site was really fun, thanks for that too! So, I'll be following this and joining you on your quest, so consider me correspondence if you want. My current measurements are 7.8" x 6" and I'm shooting for 8.5" x 7". Hopefully this works by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Just thought I'd tell you I love your blog and I hope you aren't giving up. I've been doing a regimen of my own for about a week now with no results other than my veins looking a little puffed up. Anyway keep at it! I am very interested in your blog, so I hope you continue to enter things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support Grant, I was starting to wonder if anyone else was reading this.

    ReplyDelete